October 21, 2022, I submitted a Freedom of Information request (FOIA) to Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS). The request was for the following:
1) any forms, letters, or documentation that address FCPS advising parents to pick their own recovery services and/or comp ed provider
2) any forms, letters, or documentation that address FCPS advising parents FCPS will reimburse parents for recovery services and/or comp ed.
3) any forms, letters, or documentation that address FCPS capping the service provider payment amount to a certain amount of dollars per hour and/or per service.
I know the above has already been provided to parents. I’m not asking for their educational records.
I know FCPS has internal records and form letters it developed.
I know that responsive records that are not also educational records exist.
This should include but not be limited to any training materials, slides, videos, presentations, too.
October 27, 2022, FCPS submitted a $52.00 FOIA fee. I approved the amount the same day. October 28, 2022, FCPS FOIA Officer Molly Shannon emailed that FCPS required an additional seven working days to respond. November 8, 2022: FCPS emailed me a link to download the following files:
- Video: 9.21.20 AM Chair Meeting
- Video: 10.12.20 Lead Teacher Meeting
- Video: 12.9.20 Office Hours MSHS Chairs
- Video: 11.6.20 Recovery
- Video: Part 2 12-7-20 Office Hours ES Lead
- Video: Sep 28 2020 Recovery
- Student Profile Sheet: 2022-23 Recovery Services
- 2022-23 Supplemental Document for Continued Consideration of COVID Recovery Services
- Recovery Registration Form Directions
- Recovery Reimbursement Letter Template
January 13, 2023, I emailed Molly, making her aware that to date FCPS hadn’t responded in full to my FOIA request:
Just letting you know that you never fully responded to my FOIA request.
For example, in response to the below, you provided me a link to the 10.12.20 meeting, but didn’t provide me with the associated Padlet for the meeting. I happened to obtain that on my own. See: 10.12.20 Dawn Azennar Padlet for Special Education Elem School Lead Teacher Meetings—AM/PM sessions – YouTube
Since I’ve paid you for a FOIA response, I’d welcome a full response.